Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Purpose of This Blog

I decided to start this blog as a way to force myself to cover the published (or soon to be published) literature of my field of study. I have my personal blog that I update from time to time that I use to post mostly about stuff that is not related to my research. Because I know that I need to keep up on recent literature I plan on trying to pick one paper a week and read/skim and give a brief summary of the points that stuck out to me.

This is not intended to be a comprehensive review of the literature, nor is it supposed to cover the best or most important papers. I select my papers by looking at the title/abstract and saying, "Hey that looks interesting!" or, "I should look at that paper and find out what they are doing." I may also review a paper that was discussed in my research group meeting, or in some other random meeting. In other words, there is no real method or intent other than I need to keep up on recent goings on in my field. I will try to do one paper a week, but if that doesn't happen...meh.

My sources will generally come from arXiv (or from ADS for older papers), usually from recent posts on the following categories/subcategories:
The name of the blog comes from my online name Quantumleap42 which, with a little bit of imagination, can be thought of a first name, "Quantum", a middle name, "leap" and a last name "42". Thus the name of the blog is Quantum Musing, as in, Quantum is musing.

No comments:

Post a Comment